Extracted from the Parent Handbook [version 9.14.16]
Code of Conduct
NAAC is a family-based, member-owned organization. Our mission is to inspire and empower our athletes to excel in their sport and in life. Parents, Coaches and Athletes are the three pillars forming the foundation of our organization and our cultural values as expressed in Navy P.R.I.D.E.
This Code of Conduct aims to establish the minimum standards for all of us involved in the sport of swimming and water polo. It should be applied when competing, training or taking part in club-sanctioned activities. It should serve as a guide for living our cultural values. Compliance with this Code of Conduct is a condition of membership for all Parents and Athletes. It is condition for employment for Coaches and all other employees. By signing this form, you agree to abide by the requirements of NAAC’s Code of Conduct, the USA Swimming and USA Water Polo rules and Codes of Conduct (links to these documents can be found on our website at naac.ws) and you agree that you and any of your guests are subject to disciplinary consequences for any violation of the above.
You pledge to:
* Display good sportsman-like behavior, a positive attitude and respect toward fellow team
members, competitors, coaches, officials, parents, families of team members, facility staff
and the public at all times, including team practices, competitive events and all other club sanctioned activities.
* Avoid any inappropriate physical contact with another individual.
* Avoid derogatory or abusive language of any kind.
* Avoid bullying, harassing or hazing behavior of any kind. Such behavior may involve but is not limited to teasing, taunting, name-calling, rumor spreading or social exclusion.
* Not use social or electronic media to harass, threaten, or cause harm to anyone involved in club sanctioned activities. Such behavior may involve but is not limited to threatening, derogatory, false or misleading emails or posting threatening or derogatory, false or misleading information or pictures or videos online.
* Strive to be constructive in all communications. Avoid negative information, criticism, dissent or other serious messages via email, text or social media. Arrange face to face meetings to discuss these matters.
* Respect the personnel, equipment and property at facilities where club sanctioned activities are conducted. You will abide by all rules concerning use of those facilities. You will not engage in any behavior(s) during club sanctioned activities, or other instances in which you can reasonably be construed as representing NAAC, which detracts from the image of the team.
* Avoid any illegal conduct or inappropriate behavior, including inappropriate or illegal use of alcohol and/or drugs.